Thank you for your interest in our website gondwana-das-praehistorium.de („website“). Operator of the website is Gondwana Praehistorium e.K. („operator“), they offer the user („user“) information about Gondwana Praehistorium e.K. as well as chances to take part in prize competitions („competitions“).
In the following paragraphs we will inform all users about how we will handle their data.
Any agreement can be retracted at any time in the future. Should there be any questions about our use of your personal data, any user can contact the operator (see paragraph 9 for our contact info).
1. Entry and use of personal data, allowing third parties access to the data
1.1 Every time a user accesses the website and every time a file gets activated, access data about this process without personal reference will always be saved to a journal file (so called „server-logfiles“) on the server, as follows: IP-address, site from where the data was requested, date and time of access, used type of browser and operating system, remoteport. This data will be used to create statistics to help analyze the use of the offered service, to remove mistakes, and to improve the service provided by the operator.
1.2 The use of our website is usually possible without actively providing personal data. Personal data contains details about factual and personal circumstances of certain or ascertainable natural persons.
Entry of personal data on our website (e.g. name, address, e-mail-address) will only occur upon your agreement and in the scale named in the following paragraphs, as far as possible always on a voluntary basis. This data will not be forwarded to third parties without your expressed consent. Your data will certainly not be sold to third parties.
The stored personal data will be deleted immediately after not being needed anymore in the sense described below.
1.3 Every user can also take part in free of charge prize competitions. For the registration the following details are required: name, e-mail-address, postal address, and date of birth. For the prize draw, and determining, and notifying the winners, further data can be required, such as full name, contact, address, phone number etc.
1.4 The personal data will be requested, used, and stored for processing the prize competition. The operator will treat this data confidentially and will not be forwarded to third parties without the user’s consent, except if it is necessary for processing the prize competition/handing over the prize or for processing requests, or if it is permitted by data security regulations.
2. Consent / e-mail-newsletter / actively providing data
By subscribing for the newsletter, the user declares their consent with occasionally receiving a newsletter by e-mail. The consent was expressed to us explicitly, which has been recorded in writing. The operator is obligated to provide the content of consents to recall at any time. The consent to use the e-mail-address to inform about news and information about Gondwana Praehistorium e.K. as well as on-topic pieces can be retracted at any time in the future (see paragraph 9 for our contact info). Furthermore, there is the possibility to unsubscribe from receiving the newsletter by clicking the link provided at the end of each newsletter.
2.2 Our contact-form
By contacting us (e.g. through the contact-form or by e-mail) entry of personal data is necessary. Which data is needed, can be seen on the contact-form. This data will be stored and used by the operator only to answer your request and to contact you. Legal basis for processing the given data is our legitimate interest in answering your request, according to art. 6 par. 1 lit. f GDPR, as well as your given consent by providing the data.
Should the contact end up in entering into a contract, the additional legal basis for processing is art. 6 par. 1 lit. b GDPR. After finishing processing your request, your data will be deleted, this is the case when circumstances show that the corresponding issue has been resolved and no further duty to preserve records applies.
2.3 Credit-card payment
If you are obligated to forward us your payment information (e.g. bank account number for direct debit mandate), after entering into a fee required contract, this data will be necessary for arranging the payment.
By paying with a credit-card, the necessary data for the transaction (issuer, card number, card verification number, date of expiry) will be stored by the corresponding provider and be used for arranging the payment. Payment transactions by usual means of payment (Visa/MasterCard, direct debiting procedure) will be carried out only through an encrypted SSL- or TLS-connection. Recognizing an encrypted connection: the location bar of your browser changes "http://" to "https://" and you can see a lock symbol in your location bar.
By using encrypted communication, all payment information forwarded to us cannot be read by third parties.
2.4 Payment by Paypal / Paydirekt
If you decide to pay through Paypal, the following applies: to arrange the payment according to the contract entered by both parties, Paypal requires several data, like your name or address. Paypal receives this data from us, or you will be asked to enter them into an input-screen. Basically, the data forwarded to Paypal is the same as stored during the ordering process.
Paypal forwards your data to credit reporting agencies, to receive account solicitation service to assess the liability risk. Further information about this can be found here: http://www.paypal.de/agb.
3. Your rights as a user
The current data protection law grants you full affected rights (the rights to obtain information and to intervene) about the processing of your personal data by the operator, as follows:
- Right to obtain information according to art. 15 GDPR: You especially have the right to obtain information about the personal data processed by us, the reasons for processing, the categories of processed personal data, the receivers or categories of receivers of the data that your data was or will be forwarded to, the planned amount of time your data will be stored or the criteria for determining the storage time, the right to correct, delete, limit the processing, enter an objection to process the data, submit a complaint to a regulating authority, the origin of your data if they were not collected by us, the existence of an automated decision-finding including profiling and if necessary significant information about the logic involved and the scope concerning you and the intended impact of such processing, as well as your right to receive notifications about which warranties exist concerning the forwarding of your data to third party countries, according to art. 46 GDPR;
- Right to correction, according to art. 16 GDPR: you have the right to immediate correction concerning incorrect or incomplete data about you that was stored by us;
- Right to deletion, according to art. 17 GDPR: you have the right to demand deletion of your personal data if the conditions of art. 17 par. 1 GDPR apply. However, this law does not apply if it is necessary for administration of freedom of expression and information, to fulfill a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest, or assertion, administration, or defense of legal claims;
- Right to limit processing, according to art. 18 GDPR: you have the right to demand the limitation of processing your personal data, as long as the accuracy of your data, disputed by you, is verified, if you decline the deletion of your data because of unauthorized processing of data and instead demand a limitation of processing your data, if you need your data for enforcement, administration, or defense of legal claims, after we do not need the data anymore after accomplishment of purpose, or if you file an objection for reasons of special circumstances, as long as it is not yet certain whether our reasonable grounds prevail;
- Right to obtain information, according to art. 19 GDPR: If you insist on your rights to correction, deletion or limitation of processing via the operator, the operator is obligated to inform all recipients with access to your personal data about the correction or deletion of data, or the limitation of processing, unless it proves to be impossible, or the effort to do so proves to be disproportionate. You have the right to be informed about these recipients.
- Right to data transfer, according to art. 20 GDPR: you have the right to receive the personal data you provided to us, in a structured, common, and machine-readable format, or to demand the transmission of the data to another person responsible, as long as it is technically possible;
- Right of revocation of granted permissions, according to art. 7 par. 3 GDPR: you have the right to revoke a once granted permission to process your data at any time in the future. In case of revocation, we will delete the corresponding data immediately, provided further processing cannot be based on a legal basis of processing without consent. By revoking permission, the legitimacy of processing from the moment of granting permission up to the point of revoking permission is not affected;
- Right to complain, according to art. 77 GDPR: if you are of the view that the processing of the data concerning you go against GDPR, you have the right - notwithstanding another administrative or judicial remedy - to file a complaint to a regulating authority, especially in the member state of your habitual residence, your workplace, or place of the alleged offense.
- Right of objection: If in the course of a weighing of interests, your personal data will be processed due to our predominant legitimate interest, at any time you have the right to object against this processing with effect for the future, for reasons resulting from your particular situation.
If you make use of this right of objection, we will cease processing your involved data. However, we reserve the right to continue processing, if we give prove of compelling worthy of protection reasons for the processing, that will outweigh your interests, basic rights, and fundamental freedom, or if the processing serves the enforcement, exertion, or defense of legal claims.
One of the regulating authorities responsible for us can be reached as follows:
Landesdatenschutzbeauftragte des Saarlandes
Unabhängiges Datenschutzzentrum Saarland
Phone: +49 (0)681 / 94781 0
Fax: +49 (0)681 / 94781 29
However, we assume that there will not be any reasons to complain and that we will be able to respond to your requests concerning this topic to your satisfaction.
5. Integrated third parties
5.1 Web-analysis-service - Google Analytics
The operator uses Google Analytics, a web-analysis-service of Google Inc. 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, United States of America („Google“). Google Analytics uses so called „cookies“, text files, that will be saved to the computer of the user to allow an analysis of the use of the website by the user. The information generated by the cookie about the use of the website will as a rule be transferred to a server of Google, USA, and stored there. In case the IP-anonymization is activated on this website, the IP-address of the user will first be abbreviated by Google within member states of the European Union or in other contracting states of the Agreement on the European Economic Area. Only in exceptional cases, the full IP-address will be transferred to a server of Google, USA, and be abbreviated there. On behalf of the operator, Google will use this information to analyze the use of the website, to put together reports about website-activities, and to provide further services connected to website-use and internet-use to the operator. The IP-address transferred by Google Analytics from the user’s browser, will not be merged with other data by Google.
This website uses Google Maps to depict our location. Google Maps is operated by Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA. By using this website, you agree to the collection, processing, as well as the use of automatically generated as well as entered data by Google, one of their representatives, or third-party-suppliers.
There are built-in plugins on our website of the social network Facebook, provider: Facebook Inc., 1 Hacker Way, Menlo Park, California 94025, USA. The Facebook-Plugins can be recognized by the Facebook-logo or the „like-button“ („Gefällt mir“) on our website. Here, you can find an overview of the Facebook-plugins: http://developers.facebook.com/docs/plugins/.
If you do not want Facebook to connect your visit to our website to your Facebook-account, please log out of your Facebook-account.
Our website uses functions of Google +1. Provider is Google Inc. 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway Mountain View, CA 94043, USA.
Acquisition and transfer of information: with the Google +1-button you can publish information world-wide. With the Google +1-button you and other users receive personalized contents by Google and our partners. Google stores the information that you gave +1 to a topic, as well as information about the website you were viewing while clicking +1. Your +1 can be displayed as references together with your profile-name and photo on Google-services such as search results or your Google-profile, or elsewhere on websites and internet ads. Google stores information about your +1 activities to improve Google-services for you and other users. To use the Google +1-button, you will need a world-wide viewable public Google-profile that at least contains the name chosen for the profile. This name will be used for all other Google-services. In some cases, this name can also replace another name you used while sharing contents via your Google-account. The identity of your Google-profile can be revealed to users who know your e-mail-address or have identifying personal information about you.
There are YouTube-videos embedded in some of our websites. Operator of the corresponding plugins is YouTube, LLC, 901 Cherry Ave., San Bruno, CA 94066, USA. If you visit a website with the YouTube-plugin, there will be created a connection to the YouTube-servers. During that process YouTube receives the information about which website you are viewing. If you are logged in to your YouTube-account, YouTube can match your internet-surfing-behavior to you personally. This can be prevented by logging out of your YouTube-account beforehand.
If you have deactivated the storing of cookies for the Google-Ad-program, you will not be bothered by such cookies while watching YouTube-videos. However, Youtube also uses other cookies to store non-personal user-information. If you would like to prevent that, you will have to block the saving of cookies in your browser settings.
Your privacy settings on Twitter can be changed in your account settings:
6. Advertisement by third-parties, links to other websites
7. Protection of data / deletion on the part of the operator
The operator always tries to take measures, to a reasonable extent, to prevent unauthorized individuals from accessing, using, and manipulating the user’s personal data and to minimize the corresponding risks. Providing personal data, regardless whether provided by phone or on the internet, is always connected to risks, and no technological system is completely immune to manipulation or sabotage.
The personal data stored by us will be immediately deleted after not being needed anymore in the capacity described in this policy.
9. Questions about data-security, and contact information
The user can contact the operator anytime, if they have questions regarding our handling of their data or if they want to exercise an attributable right:
Gondwana Praehistorium e.K.
Proprietor: Matthias Michael Kuhl
66578 Schiffweiler (bei Neunkirchen im Saarland)
Phone: + 49 (0) 6821 93163 25
Fax: + 49 (0) 6821 93163 11
E-Mail: info [at] gondwana-praehistorium.de